Saturday, February 12, 2011

Transcending History or Refreshingly Warm Beernuts

Well, this is my blog.  Whether its a positive force for the world of good or an evil and scheming force of chaos is still pretty irrelevant.  This is, after all, just another shitty blog. 

I am, and with a tinge of pride, happy to announce that I am actually updating it.  So, here it is.  For you cavemen and women to drool and clamor over.  I updated and I'm goddamn proud of it. . .

In actuality, indifference is still my battle standard.  YAY ME.

I'm 32 years old.  I work in fast food.  I go to college to get out of fast food.  Shit, I'd settle for slow food. 

No.  That's a lie.   Fuck food.  I hate everything about it.  Well, mostly the servicing part of it.  I don't enjoy being a virtual slave to these ungrateful slobs.  These disgusting human beings that believe that they deserve the right to be treated respectfully and in a timely manner.  You have money and because of this, you deserve the Royal Treatment.  Well, fuck you.  It's time for a goddamned coup. 

I can't think of a sinlge good reason why the service industry should thrive other than it gives jobs.  I suppose in a backwards and backhanded way I should be saying, "Thanks!" to all these unhealthy and rude fuckheads because, if it weren't for their awful habits of convenience and gluttony, I'd be out of the job.

I could write a book on the subject so I'll just stop there.

In other news, I've been writing creatively again.  I've completed two pieces and that's the most I've done in five years.  The fact that I'm actually writing in this blog should testify that I'm moving more into the direction of writing more.  I've caught the bug again.  It's alive, revivified and thriving.  I'm thinking again. 

It's a strange thing.  Like coming up for air after being submerged for almost too long.  That blast of awareness that catapults you, leaves your arms and legs tingling.  And I like it.

School is school.  I've been gone for five years and now that I'm in the thick of it once more, I remember the awfulness of having absolutely no time for much of anything.  Fulltime fuckfest working, fulltime study/writing fest at school.  It's tough, doing 16 hour days and still having no time or money to show for it.  Yet.

Right.  So.  Movie time and then homework.  I don't really have a use for this blog but I'm sure I'll be back sooner than later.  No promises, though.

Ciao for now.

3 comments:

Asha said...

I worked in the food industry years ago. I waited tables for crap wages and had to rely on people atually knowing how to tip (and most people don't...or won't). Truth is people are dicks when it comes to their food.
I'm glad you are blogging again. I actually was considering unfollowing you. I thought you had given up on this blog. I'm glad I held out.
http://www.ashafullife.blogspot.com

Mike Oblivion said...

Yeah, I'm too good of a tipper. 20% tip or more unless they really were rude/awful/etc.

Glad you stuck with me!

Asha said...

I'm the same way. I know those folks work for peanuts. I wish they got paid normal wages so tipping wasn't "required". That way when someone is horrible I can just leave a note telling them to blow me.
http://www.ashafullife.blogspot.com